The National WWII Memorial
The National World War II Memorial is built at the Rainbow Pool site on the central axis of the National Mall. The Rainbow Pool is located at the eastern end of the Reflecting Pool between the Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument. The Second World War will be the only 20th century event commemorated on the Mall’s central axis.
- Installation of the stainless-steel piping, large display pump and control systems that feed water to several fountains
- Installed several miles of stainless-steel welded pipe inside the underground tunnel systems below the fountains
- Connected piping to the main underground fountain vault that feeds the water to the Rainbow Pool
- Coordinated project with the stone and granite builders commissioned to supply the above ground memorial structures
- Successfully matched all the piping to fit exact measurements specified by the stone builders
Welch and Rushe is very honored to be a part of the construction of the World War ll Memorial and to commemorate the 16 million who served in the armed forces of the U.S. during World War II.