George Washington University
Building Type: University
Project Type: Plan/Spec
Completion Date: 2006
Project Value: $1,028,000
Engineer: Summer Consultants, Inc.
Architect: Summer Consultants, Inc.
General Contractor: Welch and Rushe, Inc.
Smith Center Chiller & Cooling Tower Replacement
- Multi-phase project with very restrictive and time sensitive phases
- Required new work to be done while keeping the facility (Basketball, volleyball, swimming, and athletic offices) in use
- Piping modifications in the boiler/chiller room
- A sheet metal refrigerant exhaust system was installed over top of the gym
- The existing control room was reconfigured and new AC installed
- Replacement of the cooling towers, chillers and pumps
- New piping, a new control system, electrical power, structural steel members for the cooling towers, and roof
replacement where the new towers were placed